Thursday 8 December 2011

Evaluation

This project was a good assignment however I must say that the timescale was rather short. I would have very much preferred to have this assignment as a whole module that spanned a semester rather than having fewer days to work on it. It was quite difficult to transition from creating an organic model of our face using reference planes and tutorial videos to such a stark contrast of an architectural piece which we had to find our own way in.
Ultimately I am not particularly happy with our finished product. I am still rather slow at using 3DS Max and understanding all of it's modifiers and such and found that although I worked very hard at what I did I found that I couldn't quite get it to the standard I wanted before I had to move on due to a lack of time.
I am finding that my skills are growing in the software.. I may never be a 3D animator but I am enjoying it more and really want to try out more modifiers and animation techniques that I haven't used as yet. During this project I did use quite a few techniques that I hadn't come across during the last assignment which I enjoyed although I would have liked to use morpher to try lip synching with our tour guide although ran out of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment