Thursday 8 December 2011

Modeling some Assets

I went about modeling some of the assests that would be used within the guildhall to furnish the new building and make the rooms look like their intended purpose.

I used quite a few techniques that I hadn't previously as well as some that I had used before. The new techniques I tired my hand at were;

UV Mapping (Postcards and Pictures on the Wall)
Bend Modifier (Posters)
Smooth Modifier and using Smoothing Groups
Shell Modifier for use on planes to create 3d shapes (Pew Proboolean shapes)
Chamfer (frames, doors, windows, mug etc)


Picture Frame created and used throughout the guildhall, manipulated in size and location, adorned with bitmaps via UV Map and also used with a mirror material as a mirror frame.







 The handle of the mug was created using a donut primitive and manipulated. I added smoothing groups to the handle and the mug separately to create the right look. Smoothing the entire model created a rathe interesting drinking vessel that I'm not sure you could use very effectively!


I also added a multi sub object material so that I could place an image of the guildhall on the mug, for it to be sold in the shop area as a souvenir.



Using the same image as on the mug I created a poster to adorn the wall in the shop and also to roll up and place in a pot to sell in the shop


Here I used the bend modifier to 'roll' the poster up. The bitmap did get altered slightly which I think was due to the amount of width segments of the original plane I had used for the poster. I scale the bottom to make the poster look more like a rolled piece of paper than a tube or pipe.


I modeled a pot for the posters to sit in, using extrude and turbosmooth to create the look of a terracotta pot.







These selection of images show a couple of the tables I created for use in the guild hall. I created the legs using the Lathe modifier for one of the tables and creating a spindle primitive for the other table. I wasn't happy with the materials shown here so when I furnished the guildhall I manipulated the materials to give a more luxurious and lifelike feel.








No comments:

Post a Comment